ONLINE Conference: Open data - Digital economy accelerator
Date: 07. 05. 2020 at 13:00
Data economy with Open Data is being increasingly recognized globally as one of the biggest opportunities to thrill in, in future economy and entrepreneurship. Given the present global economic situation due to Coronavirus, we believe that data and its use will be crucial at times of restarting the economy.
Open Data from public institutions are available to the general public and are used by businesspeople, application developers, analysts, and many others. Our goal is to establish connections among different stakeholders that will be contributed to the development of innovations in all areas.
For this purpose, we are organizing the conference "Open Data as Accelerators of the Digital Economy", where we want to enlighten and foster decision-makers on spreading Open Data sources and finding innovative ways to re-use Open Data in economic and business manners.
The Data Economics Conference, as an accelerator of the economy in these times, will:
- lighten up some important questions about the future and challenges when using Open Data as an accelerator of the economy, both in Slovenia and globally,
- show present running projects, the situation in Slovenia and connect stakeholders of the Slovenian ecosystem in the field of Open Data,
- outlined the importance of open innovation, data economy and transfer of Open Data usage into entrepreneurship and industry,
- contribute to the education and knowhow transfer in combination with the empowerment of all interested stakeholders in the Open Data ecosystem,
- outlined the possibilities of cooperation between local open-source junctions in Slovenia and other countries in the Mediterranean region.
The event will be held via Zoom online platform on Thursday, May 7th, 2020, starting at 1:00 p.m.
The conference will be organized under the auspices of the Open Data Hub of Slovenia (OPSI Hub) and in partnership with Technology Park Ljubljana Ltd. (Odeon project - Open Data for European Innovation), the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (ICT-Horizontal Network) and the Ministry of Public Administration.
Participation at the event is free of charge. The event will be held in English. Due to the limited number of participants, pre-registration via the electronic application form is required no later than Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
In front of us are many challenges, so we invite you to join us to conquer them together!