01. 02. 2019 do 31. 01. 2022
01. 03. 2019 do 28. 02. 2022
01. 02. 2017 do 31. 01. 2019
01. 12. 2017 do 31. 05. 2020
01. 01. 2018 do 31. 12. 2019
GREENOMED - Mediterranean Trans-Regional Cooperation for green manufacturing innovation
Project date: 01. 12. 2016 - 31. 07. 2019
Contact: Simona Kneževič Vernon
Phone: +386 (0)1 620 3 490
Manufacturing is an important pillar for Europe, since it impacts significantly on economy, occupation welfare and environment.
It consumes about the 30% of the total energy produced, uses as input critical raw materials and is responsible for environmental emissions.
Thus, the adoption of green practices in manufacturing is a top-priority of seveal European Regions. However, even if Europe is a global leader in green manufacturing research, its innovation capacity should be strongly improved. The availability of a European network of pilot plants accessible to SMEs could significantly contribute to this goal. The setup such an interconnected network of pilot plants requires the identification of common challenges and the mobilization of considerable resources.
For these reasons, Regions should cooperate to reach this goal under the paradigm of smart specialization. In the Vanguard-Initiative, a Clusters-governed methodology for the setup of trans-national projects of pilot plants was conceived, but was not tested on a structured basis and on a large scale.
Based on this experience, GREENNOMED aims at testing and transferring this methodology in the MED Regions, considering their peculiarities and also their link with other relevant EU manufacturing Regions, in particular with Germany.
GREENNOMED will address business support organizations (Clusters), enterprises, SMEs, research and innovation organizations , Public Regional Authorities, as well as the general public.
- Structured methodology enabling design and implementation of pilot plants, which is widely adoptable by European Clusters.
- New service offerings of Clusters and other intermediaries to increase companies capabilities in green manufacturing innovation.
- Running projects of pilot plants boosting green manufacturing innovation in Europe.
policy and institutional framework supporting the establishment and access to pilot plants for the uptake of green technologies.
Duration of the project is from 2017 to 2020.
Financial support: 2,050 mio EUR.
- Project newsletter October - November 2017
- Project newsletter December - January 2018
- Project newsletter February - March 2018
- Project newsletter April - May 2018
- Projektne novice June - July 2018
- Project newsletter August - September 2018